Florida Gardening: My first raised bed garden for vegtables, 4 by jamibad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamibad

In reply to: My first raised bed garden for vegtables

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My first raised bed garden for vegtables
jamibad wrote:
And last, my green house, started out as a dog kennel!!

I have to add that the shed was still being worked on when DH started the green house, but we needed it up and ready as we still had some cold days coming, thank goodness we did, as you can see it was used as soon as I could get in it, and get my shelving done. I do want to add some extra's, vents, heat and electric, I have it in the shed, but he hasn't run power over to the GH yet! Right now it's serving as a pool float storage room! lol! I also have all kinds of trailing vine's growing up and over it, no pictures yet, but I'll take some and get them on here, for those who are interested!

I want to thank anyone who has been following my thread, it has been a learning experience for me, and my DH, I read and learn, he does the manual labor, so sweet, but the last few post you've viewed, all this has been accomplished since January. I have had help from friends when I couldn't get my body to move, and they also have learned a lot from helping us achieve what we wanted to do! I'm very grateful for what I have, this has been a very good learning experience, taking things that would have went to the dump, and turning them into something useful. We haven't spent a lot of money, for the wood, the garden tools, etc. Everything came from friends, yard sale's, curb side pick up, lol, the best! Anyway, my point is, it doesn't take much to get started, just an imagination, a willingness to do it, and a need to achieve something from nothing, to reap the rewards afterwards!

Thanks for looking, I hope I've put a spark in someone's mind! Get started, small, and work up to your dreams. What you've seen on my thread is 6 months of work, now I can sit back and breath, and more importantly, ENJOY MY WORLD ! God Bless Everyone! Thanks Jami!!

After looking at the last picture, after I had published it, I remember now, I ran an extension cord from the shed over to the green house, and put a small electric heater in it to help keep the temps up. I think this was one of our coldest nights, and I checked through out the night, the temps in the GH never dropped below 60, a good feeling. as it was freezing outside of the green house! You can see it in the picture! It was a small heater, not anything hard core that could cause a fire, but I still kept an eye on it during the night!

This message was edited Jun 6, 2013 12:52 AM

This message was edited Jun 6, 2013 1:01 AM