Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 4 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Yeah nearly the weekend!!!

Hi Shirley yeah looks like you had a quick get-away in the forum this morning with only my post to read, would have felt like a bit of light reading even though most of my posts can be a bit of a novel he he.

Shirley the large variegated brom in Pic 5 I posted yesterday is Neo’ ‘Gray Nurse’, she is really pretty and really stands out amongst the other broms. Yes one of my Neo’ ‘De Rolph’s’ is very white compared to the other but I luv them both.

Shirley nice healthy nibblies you take on your car trips (nut’s, muesli bars and apples) compared to my chicken twisties; mind you we always end up buying and eating fruit along the way so pretty much most of the time I am in the car I am eating. Luckily my career is not as a Truck Driver as I would be as big as a whale with all the food I would consume on long trips to stay awake. Too funny Shirley you described me pretty close on how you pictured me as an cheesed off driver driving in the big city with my window down yelling at crazy drivers that cut me off, with my wild eyes, with hair blowing everywhere, I will have to check next time for spittle though LOL. Today I got stuck behind a car doing 60km in a 100km zone and I mouthed and pointed to the left of me “Get off the road you are in a 100km zone, read to speed signs”. There was a huge queue of traffic that wanted to overtake but there was too much on-coming traffic to be able to do so safely so we all just had to do 60km for about 20 minutes, very annoying indeed and luckily it did not cause an accident.

Shirley adored the pic of your Neo’ ‘Gold Medal’, what a pretty brom, great size and colour. Your orchid in flower is beautiful; I will have to show Joe being he is the orchid collector in our family.

Hi Bree sounds like you liked Pic 2 of Neo’ ‘De Rolph’ that I posted a pic of yesterday, it is so much whiter than the larger one I have of the same plant but the smaller one is not a pup off the larger one, I brought them from different sellers.

Bree I adored your garden shot of your broms and great to see the vrieseas are doing well under what appears to be a mango tree? And your Neo’ ‘Pitch Black’ is lovely too.

Hi Jean wow great pic you took of mother-nature at work, they are such great hunters the Collard Sparrowhawks. You are too right it’s amazing what you see right in our own gardens. I have gotten into the habit of keeping my camera nearby when I am in the garden because we get to see so much wildlife in the wetlands and if I don’t have the camera nearby then by the time I have ran inside to get it the opportunities missed.

Jean I look forward to seeing pics of your new broms when they arrive. Unfortunately I don’t have a Neo’ ‘Paradise Point’ for your to compare with yours but look forward to seeing a pic of one.

Sue where are you??????????????? Trying to get back at you for the times I have not posted LOL. Miss not seeing your post and pics today.

Anyway time to head off.

Hi to anyone else looking in or on the Sick List.

Take care and Happy Gardening!

Trish