Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 117, 4 by Seachanger

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Seachanger

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 117

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 117
Seachanger wrote:
Yes Jean, it was cold here too....
That car coming out of the foam was amazing...
Moon, hope that your family isn't too badly affected....I had to look up Northgate.....

I had to take lots of bulbs out of their pots this morning and get them ready for replanting in the following months..
Tomorrow I'll wash the pots...

I put a couple of pics of those chairs that I keep talking about, alongside a modern chair....the are about 3ins shorter and 3ins less in the seat....
That means we are taller and have bigger bums...which is probably true...
The more that I look at them the more I marvel at the workmanship in them...
The way that the cane is inset into the seat and after goodness knows how many years, it only has one break in the cane...lots of woodworm holes, it probably sat in a shed for years....
The darker chair is stuffed with some kind of straw, even that has only one worn part where the stuffing is coming out, the seat is made from the same straw but it's been twisted into a twine, so clever, and those lovely turned legs on both of them...

Just thought that I would share these little gems from a bygone era.....we'll never see their like again....
Dianne.