Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 4 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, we had big plans today but got a visit from family, which is always very welcome, but not very productive workwise … never mind, maybe tomorrow. Two granddaughters helped me to pick up all the sticks in the front yard and pile them into the trailer so one big job done anyway … and they work cheap !!!

Nev, I like the idea of a water feature and I can visualise how nice it might look with rocks and a little bridge but neither of us has that sort of energy or motivation anymore. We used to take on big projects but not now. I would love to have Sue’s or Trish’s get-up-and-go but these days, ours has got-up-and-went. The pic of the shadehouse is an older one, it’s not so tidy now and a lot more squeezy. As for the shelving, I have used 8kg broccoli polystyrene boxes and cut some down to graduate the shelf height.

Bree, I am pleased you found neo Medusa. Your Cheery Day and Happy Thoughts look very nice too.

Trish, what beautiful pics, just love your neos Shining Example, Grace Darling x Morris Henry Hobbs and So Near and while I am not really into orchids, that one is lovely. Take care with the Cardboard cycads, some big spines on the lower leaves.

Sue, hope your sale went well.

Hi to Wendy and Ian and other regulars.

Bye for now, Shirley

Pics are some of my pattern leaf vriesea hybrids … unnamed.