Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 4 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
perke_patch wrote:
pic 1 is seedlings of neo (princess grace x solar flare) F2. is that the correct way to write it Nev??? I love the red colour starting to appear on the trunks. they all seem to be getting this colouring now.
pic 2 is xneomea scorpio which didn't load last night. Johnny has rearanged the garden where I keep these and I realised today that it is growing in full sun now and handling it well. even more red on it now.
pic 3 is a seedling Johnny did years ago (not the shoe to give you a perspective of size). he collected seed from the variegated canistrum lindenii variegata not realising the variegation would not pass on. however these are starting to get to full size now. Pic 4 is closeup of the seedlings and check out what is finally happening. yehhhh it's flowering. wonder if it will be white like mum's.
pic 5 is a tray of seedlings that I didn't do labels for immediately but thought I'll do them tomorrow. unfortunatley when tomorrow came I couldn't remember what the name should have been. Nev are they possibly from you and can you suggest what they might be?

Oh Nev I must take a pic tomorrow for you of your ae calichroma x blanchetiana. I have 2 of them growingin the sun and the colour on them is now stunning. I love them. I'm going to pot the others up and put them in the sun too.

Sue I sent you a pm on fb but it might have been lost in fb cyperspace. I cleaned out the seeds in the fridge downstairs and found a packet of till utriculata seeds so I 've been able to put down another 2 trays and still have enough for 1 more tray later so if you want to hang onto the seed that's fine. I should have enough to grow now. thanks for the offer though. I asked if you wanted some other seed in the pm. if you find it let me know if you want the seed offered.

I didn't sleep well last night. I remembered the phone to set the alarm late and asked Johnny if he wanted me to go to get it but he said no he would wake up. So you guessed it we both kept waking up all night long checking the time. we should have set the alarm so we could sleep without worrying. anyway I'm struggling to stay awake now so I'll bid you all goodnight. Love the pics by the way.

Wendy