Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 4 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning, such a lot to catch up on.
Wendy, I am glad the wedding went well, despite the weather. Your son looks alot like his father! I'd love to see the shot of you sleeping! heh heh.
Shirley, I hate the spring and autumn winds! You could put up with all the other weather events if only the wind would drop a bit. Fingers crossed it will soon be over.
We got 6mm here on friday, and then 66mm on saturday, so a nice drop and it put a bit in the tanks too. The sun is shining and everything is alright with my world!
Nev, I had the good fortune to visit Totara waters last year, while at the bromeliad show in Auckland, and had a great time looking through the gorgeous gardens and the hot houses. They are lucky enough to be able to grow alot of their broms in full sun, as it doesn't have the intensity as here. I see Peters hybrids from time to time on Facebook, and he has some real stunners (as do a few other hybridisers that advertise there) I love to drool over the pictures, and know they will be over here soon, as "cool Broms' is on in NZ next year, and someone from Australia will import the lovely NZ hybrids back here.
I remember my Dad taking us to the Waitakeres, when we were kids, to ride the train there. he was in some railway club and as kids, we loved it! I bet your grandkids do too?
Bree, that was another nice stash of broms you have pictured. Do you have a shade house or are they all living in the garden?
Trish, lovely photos of the nursery revamp. Your little pals look so cute. I hope your back is feeling a bit better.
Hello to all the lurkers. Karen, where have you gone? Jen, what did you get at the spring sale? Jean and Colleen, how are your broms doing ? And Mike, haven't you finished that project for your mate yet?
I had better get out and about and begin my monday.
Photo one is Neoregelia 'Break Of Day' in the garden (one that didn't get burnt)
Photo two is an Aechmea blanchettiana hybrid that has been happily living at the base of a gum tree for a few years
Photo three is a Vriesea (NOID) in the garden
Photo four is N. kautskyii, which is full of seed if anyone would like some.
Sue