Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 4 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Yeah it’s finally the weekend! Joe did a great job today mowing all the lawns, whipper snipping and checked all the irrigation, so when I got home the garden looked beautiful, clean and inviting, so I am really looking forward to getting back out into the garden once we have taken our girls for a walk on the beach tomorrow morning. I want to continue working on extending the brom garden and with the irrigation Joe put into the galvanised wire fence it is making things so much easier when it comes to watering and they do not get overwatered and appear to be really loving the fine mist they are receiving a couple of times a week.

Hi Nev welcome back through the wonderful help from Sue, when I saw that big arsed thread (excuse the French) I thought that has got to be Nev lol. Thanks for the great advice regarding seedlings, I am learning such a great deal from this forum and so appreciate everyone’s views on what works for them, you get to conduct your own experiments to see what works best for the area you are in and it gets you thinking about other things you want to do around the place and how to tackle the situation so I think it’s great. Nev your Lambert Pride seedlings look to be doing really well and are of a good size with so many variations of colours and types by the looks of things. Nev by all means when my Neo Marble Mauve pups I will let you know and send you one, I have written you in my book so I don’t forget, I also have Bree and Shirley down as well as Bree is chasing anything that can take full sun and Shirley is chasing Neo Two Tone. Nev I also have you down for Neo Concentrica x Johannis. All I need now is some pups and like Shirley I have quite a few broms in flower now so pups should not be too far away I hope as I really want to raise some of my own baby broms.

Hi Wendy, you guys did great getting 4 straight numbers in the lotto; we do not usually have that much luck usually only winning small but never the less it is better than nothing and normally pays for next time. Wendy beautiful pics of all your Nidulariums, the one I have is starting to colour up nicely so I will have to remember to take a picture to post.

Hi Shirley thanks for giving me some more information on your Neo Flirtation, I don’t mind the small compact growing Neo’s and I reckon they look great tucked in amongst the front of the larger bromeliads. Yes your right about working a 5 day week it does take it out of you, we try to get all our chores done during the week and the shopping to free up some of the weekend because I tend to get really cheesed off if I have to do it over the weekend, plus I want to enjoy the fact that the house is clean enough and that the garden is kind of under control and manageable. We seem to have a good system in place to enjoy our weekends more and more now days but I think also the fact that we have settled down more, go out less and just crave home time has really made a difference to our lives. My friends always ask us how we find the time to keep a clean house and garden when we both work and all we can say is we just do our very best to because our house and garden is our little piece of paradise and where we get to relax and unwind.

Hi Bree, WOW you have been a busy little bee shopping lol, don’t you luv that feeling you get when you bring something new home or open a parcel full of broms. All your pics are beautiful, they look like great healthy plants you did very well getting them, looks like you are going to be busy in the garden potting them up if you have not already lol. I really enjoy potting them up and wondering where best to display them.

Hi Sue how gorgeous do all your mini neo’s look and all your Bills, I really like how you have your nursery set-up so organised and neat, everything looks so healthy with lots of room for everything to grow happy and they would all be getting by the looks of things great air flow? Thanks so much for uploading post and pic for Nev it is great, we have missed Nev heaps along with all Nev’s wonderful advice and pics.

Shirley fantastic work I just read that you started November post so I will copy and paste my word doc into November thread and see how I go. Thanks once again!

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 Neo Blushing Tiger
Pic 2 Neo Princeps Select
Pic 3 Mixture of Broms
Pic 4 Neo Heck
Pic 5 Neo Stormy Forest