Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 4 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Thanks for the ID on the Aechmea. I'm pretty sure its 'Red Bands' a it has nowhere near the colour in A. triangularis, and the blooms are a murky brown/purple colour, so I figure that what you get from crossing the yellow in the maculatas flowers.
nev, i am glad you weather is playing nice. I was on the central coast over the weekend and it was miserable and cold on friday, but nice on Saturday. It rained here a bit, but the sun is shining today and it looks like its going to be gorgeous! i already took the dogs for a power walk, and am ready to get into all my jobs today, starting with a bit of weed spraying, before any breeze picks up.
I have just recently put the last of my dynamic lifter ina bucket with water, and am scooping the liquid off the top to water with, with the idea that it will stop the dogs from eating it. I might give everything else a splash with it too, just for a bit of variety in their diet! heh heh.
Wendy, I don't get caught up in other peoples work as often as you, but in the past I used to offer mine and hubbys services, and it just got too much when we have our own big property to look after, but yes, we often feel used because people tend to sit back and let us do the lot, and sometimes, not even a thank you! We are a bit like hermits now, and stick to ourselves, but we would always step in if we saw one of our neighbours in need.
Trish, i love yellow flowers of any kind, and that dendrobium is a first time flowerer for me, so very exciting. I still have orchids that haven't flowered for me yet, so still surprises to come. I am looking after them properly, with good morning sun and fortnightly fertiliser, and they are rewarding me accordingly. I love them.
Shirley, thanks for your kind words. its good to be home and everything is just lovely now. The weekend is forgotten now, and behind me, so onwards and upwards! I put some seeds down from a Tim Plowman, and they are all up, growing like weeds, so it will be interesting to see how they develop.
Hi to Colleen, Jen, Tash and any lurkers looking in.
I have only got a few orchid pics on file, so as a couple of you enjoy orchids, i'll add them today and try to get some new brom photos during the day.
Sue
The first photo is A Vanda orchid from leisaD
The second photo is A Zygopetalum
third is another Dendrobium
forth is another Dendrobium (I think i have the names, just to lazy to go look)