Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 4 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all. Another dry day, gotta be good for working in the garden. I am starting to break up some of my plants and try to identify some more. Yesterday I watered most of my plants and did the mowing, today was more relaxing. I had a visitor from a local member and we went for a look through my garden, she threatened to give me some more seed and some seedling pots, ah well we will find out whether she is serious or not. The pots i certainly will be able to use. We also talked about Fly spec and fertilisers. She uses Ammonia bleach and Metho to kill flyspec scale and only uses condys chrystals mixed in water as her fertiliser on all her plants. Between her and her husband they pot up daily, orchids, ferns broms caladiums and anthuriums. I will see her garden in the next few weeks. I buy off her regularly and she has been growing broms for 30 years. She could just be able to teach me a thing or 2 and if so i could pass it on/ A lot of the information she has in her head cannot be put into words.
The thumb mark on nudicaulis is 1 thing that I learned today.
Have a good one.
Ian
Pic 1 Pitcairnia wendlandii
Pic 2 Pit Smithorium
Pic 3 Pit Augustifolia
Pic 4 Pit NOID
Pic 5 Pit Spicata