Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 4 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Apologies it has been a while, had a fair bit on over the weekend. Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday we had things on, come Sunday evening we were pretty much exhausted and I was too tired to hop on the computer. Did manage to temp shade the veggie patch as it is really starting to heat up out there. Also managed to plant out my flask of vriesea seedlings which arrived last Friday, they appear to be doing well so far, cross my fingers they stay that way.

Hi Sue / Tash / Wendy, thanks very much for the advice about the vriesea flask. Sue in response to your question where did I get my flask from, it was from Plant Biotech, I thought I would try tissue culture to see how it goes but also from another supplier I purchased vriesea seeds that should arrive in the mail this week. At least I can say I have given both a try. The tissue culture vrieseas appear to be doing well even though they are only approx. 5cm’s. Sue, you also asked me whether they are foliage or green leaved plants, apologies for sounding dumb but I am not too sure what the difference is, could you please explain? The little seedlings look like little blades of tough grass and very green if that helps lol.

As always I enjoyed looking at each and everyone’s beautiful pictures posted over the last week – amazing. I especially salivated over Jen’s Neo’ Cee Bee (Hi Jen) and I have put this one on my “Really Want List”. Hi Nev, I liked all your pics of the Orlandiana’s, I know they bite but I can’t help but still want them in my garden because they look nice when kept neat and color up real well when exposed to the elements. I have two or three so far in my collection.

Hi Karen, your Till in flower is gorgeous with that beautiful purple flower - my favorite colour.

Hi Ian, luved your pic of your helper Oodie Puddy, what beautiful eyes that look right through you, looks like someone needed a rest while dad slaved away with the broms lol. Ian, also was great to see how all your seedlings are doing, gives me hope with mine.

Hi Sue, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on the wins, how fantastic and pleased you must be!

Hi Shirley, luved your Neo Red Macaw, mine is small compared to yours so looking forward to see hopefully how much more mine should be expected to grow.

Hi Breeindy, luved you’re Neo Gympie Delight, another one for my “Really Want List”. I have been trying to get this one for a while but keep missing out on EBay as I forget I have on my watch list.

Anyway, better leave you all hear, apologies if I have missed threading anyone, it’s so easy to go a bit cross eyed after a while especially when you have major catching up to do with the forum.

I will try to pop in again over the week as we have visitors this Friday, Saturday and Sunday coming over for my b’day and I may not be in any condition by the end of it all to operate a computer let alone anything else lol.

Anyway, speak soon and happy gardening to all!

Trish :-)

Pic No. 1 - Neo' Blast Off
Pic No. 2 - Neo' Royal Cordovon
Pic No. 3 - Neo' Jolly Roger
Pic No. 4 - Neo' Twotone
Pic No. 5 - Ae' Nudicaulis Zebra