Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 4 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning, Ian, I'm not sure, but could you be looking for N. 'Norman Bates'? Its not really related to the silence of the lambs, but has hannibal lector as a parent. How did you seedling get knocked over?
Wendy, my seedlings of Aechmea malva are going great guns. Even at small plants, they are starting to show a little mauve. I know what you mean when the computer wont play nice. I've learned to turn it off and walk away also.
Karen, I agree there are nice things coming into bloom. If I recall, you have quite a few flowering broms? Thanks for the compliments on my gardens. The Alc. vinicolour was at the botanic gardens but I WISH it was in my garden! I like all your plants that you posted. I am attracted to variegated neos too!
Yesterday was a dash to the plant fair. We were in and out in under an hour! We know where all the brom sellers are, as they have the same site each fair, so we madly rushed around looking for something new. Alas the pickings were slim. I did manage to get a variegated Guzmania Wittmackii in flower, so was satisfied with that. I tossed up about a Guz. musaica which was only $12, but I already have one, so couldn't really justify it. It was a bargain, but left it for someone else looking for something special, and 20 minutes later, a man picked it up and cradled it lovingly, so I'm glad i didn't take that away from him!
right, I am trying to get back into an exercise routine, so oday is day one and I'm taking the dogs out for a walk.
happy gardening sunday
Sue
More photos from the botanic garden. no label on the hannibal lector looking one. But it had a flower! Mine have never flowered! Must like the humidity?