Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 4 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Sue, I enjoy seeing pics of other people's garden creations.

Wendy, like you, we didn't get enough rain to do any good. It just didn't last long enough. Thought I heard thunder. Mustn't have been overhead though. Seedling area looks great.

Shirley, my collection isn't very large, under 100 though I haven't counted. Until I find out what is happening with this rented house, there is no point getting more plants. Thanks for asking. Like most chronic illnesses, there are good days and bad ones, but mostly I am in between. I am just praying I don't get that dreaded flu. My week next week will be like you've described with appointments in all directions. Keep well.

Nice lot there Jen. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Ian, that looks like a nice crypt. Looking forward to seeing more.

Nev, glad to hear you are on the improve. What you say about capturing a plant's colours is so true. I've had some glowing at certain times of the day, but do you think my dumb camera can pick it up? No. Like that Gympie Lavender Lace (one I got from Jen) - It is such a beautiful plant, (well, I think so) the colours and texture are amazing, but the camera just doesn't pick up all of it. I got the red stripey one from Wendy, but I think she said it was someone else's seedling, not sure. It is beautiful and I'm very pleased with the colour in it.

Hello Colleen, and anyone else dropping in. Have a gread day.

Not sure what I've got left in the pic bin today. I'll go look.

Karen

Neo. Zoe, one Nev sent me.
A little spotty one from Wendy's. I have the name but can't find it quickly enough.
An aechmea budding up.
Possum holding two minis.
And Tillandsia Ionanthus.