Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 4 by brombirdie

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brombirdie

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
brombirdie wrote:
Hi everybody, great to see so much activity and all the beautiful photos. I'm one of the lurkers. Especially nice to see some new faces. Welcome Ian and Trish. From the colour in the broms, it looks like Spring is definitely in the air. Just wish we'd get a bit of rain in Brissie.
Speaking of seedlings I had to pot up some of my babies from Nev today. They are looking great. Neo Thunderbird x self is eyecatching, dark red and very shiny. The Ursulaea macvaughii 's are almost a metre across and the Vr platynema variegata's are powering on. Thanks for the new seeds, Nev. They sound very interesting. Wendy's place is starting to look like yours. Seedlings everywhere! Goodness knows where they're all going to fit. Guess there's always the roof. Hope your knee is on the mend.
Sue, it's very exciting that you're entering the garden competition. Your garden is lovely and I think you've got a good chance of winning. You have so many quirky, eyecatching things around as well as the beautiful plants. Especially love your tub with the plates and flowers.
Shirley, sorry I missed you when you visited Wendy. The sale was very busy and it was great to meet so many nice brommies. Karen, it seems ages since we've caught up too. Tash, I don't know how you find time to do everything with a new baby. I love your Macho Tshirt. Very creative. Bree, Vr Whitebands is one of my favourites.
Haven't tried loading photos on here for a while so fingers crossed. Sue, you'll recognize the first one, your Vriesea Big Red and the 5th one, Pink Sensation (Plantation Pride). Shirley, no. 2 is the mum of your Vr. Galaxy. 3 is Jungle Jade and 4 is platynema variegata. Cheers Jen