Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 4 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone.
Shirley your yard pics are looking good. we'll have to get to your place for a look one day when we take emily home.

Jen and I were going to go to the BSQ meeting tonight but we both had to back out this afternoon. I had my girls here all day while mum worked at the dentist up the road from here. she got the job as receptionist / dental assistant. she now has to study. wonder how long she will handle the traffic to get from dayboro to Wello Pt each day for work. anyway she is going to try for daycare over here for Rylee but wants to leave Emily in daycare at dayboro for now. We'll see.

We are expecting one of those dreaded phone calls at any moment from the nursing home. Not good at the moment. Another stroke last night and she is under palliative care team now. They asked if we wanted her moved to the main hospital but we said no. Another place could not look after her any better than she is getting now. So Johnny is going there daily and says she is worse each day he goes. She is shutting down so not long to go now. Hope Jen and I can handle things if anything happens this weekend.

The pics are 1. a group shot of neos peggy bailey, jaws and jaws too
2. neo peggy bailey
3. neo jaws
4. neo jaws too
There has been some discussion about whether peggy bailey is in fact jaws but I think they are totally different plants. the peggy baileys seem to get a pink flush from when just a young pup and retain that pink flush throughout. Jaws seems to stay pure white/green until a mature plant then get a flush. jaws too is a variegated version of other two which are both albomarginated. Jaws too does get a pink flush though but not as vibrant a colour as peggy bailey. I took group pics for comparison at different stages ie newly potted pups, half grown and then fully grown.

Night again
Wendy