Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Watering in this Heat and Drought, 4 by coleup

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright coleup

In reply to: Watering in this Heat and Drought

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Watering in this Heat and Drought
coleup wrote:

Noticing a big decline in bird, butterfly, and critters of all sorts. Anyone else? What do earthworms do in the drought?

Shocked me the other day when I heard that several nuclear power plants in the midwest might have to be shut down because they were running out of cooling water! And the pools where spent fuel rods are stored were dangerously low. Yikes, never thought of drought in those terms before.

And, oh yeah, the siding on some folks homes are melting and buckling from the intense heat.

I am glad that I followed my intuition this season and began and have continued "survival watering" in my yard.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1270476/

Everything has stopped growing except for my squash plants which double in size with the slightest hint of rain!

Beginning to get a sense of what it is like to live in areas of the world where there is a dry season and a rainy season. What dances or rituals do the people do when the rains don't come? Lessons to be learned agian of the interconnectedness of all life here on planet earth and assessing my place....

Rain dreaming here, too Speedie et al