Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
Hehe.. happ, Taj MaCoop! How'd you get it from The Donald?! That's a nice Lily billy, there must be different shaped flowers on Lilies, yours is more rounded and pointy, my 2 are square at the tips.

Here is my Ponderosa Pine in a cup as an ArborDay lodge souvenir seed, and here it is today as a big seedling 8 years later! That other cup says "Taco", but I didn't plant a taco! That's what my friend Guy affectionately calls the common name for a tree he found in Illinois in a Taco Bell parking lot, (Quercus X bebbiana, Bebb Oak!). Anyway, the Ponderosa Pine is the first and second photos. That's my $3 Leyland Cypress right of it. -

Here is the Taco Oak, I'm not sure how it's doing today, I haven't heard. It's unique also in that it's roots were spilling over an above ground terrace-like thing. It has a neat Fall color and it is a fast growing tree, for an Oak. -

Eeek! I think I'll be keeping those Ditch Lilies in a big pot! I like some Royal Sunset Lilies!

Boy, that dark red Rose from happ is really taking off, here it is today, shooting upward! -

Here is my Fall Mums or is it Spring Mums?!
Will