Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansias.....it's almost winter....., 4 by cestrum_SEQ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: Brugmansias.....it's almost winter.....

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Brugmansias.....it's almost winter.....
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
Well, it didn't fall it to freezing last night after all, but it's only a matter of time. Frost season here is the whole three months of winter. The latest day of frost that anyone can remember was 1 September. I would have said that the earliest was June but, even though it didn't reach freezing point last night, I think frost is a possibility from late May. So late May to 1 Sept is the frost season here. Mind you, the days are glorious. While it's frigid inside (except for the sunroom), it's beautiful out in the sun (still not warm enough to strip off, though), which still has real warmth in it.

Shaun, Gil is doing you a favour as, take it from me, it's a real pain to have branches hitting you in the face every time you venture outside! (Too late to cut back now because of frost, and I resist doing it in Sept because I want shelter from the hot sun LOL)

Here are pics of this morning's flowers; I've included one of a normal-shaped suaveolens too. All the blooms are still open this late in the morning because of the cold.