Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
Hehe.. now I don't feel so bad for cutting my own hair, well usually I do, sometimes I go somewhere to get it fixed after I've cut it too much.
Speaking of hair, no holes have been dug by squirrels since I put my hair clippings in with the flowers and the soil, thanks Crit! Here's a pic of my Liatris today. -
Anybody want to see my video-clip of it storming here tonite, it's only a minute 56 seconds long, I hope you like the sound of rain and thunder! It's kinda eerie, and even looks eerie here, so much destruction so near to one year ago this week. Sirens were going off a minute earlier than my video-clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQgrEW_WdU&feature=youtu.be That was dusk and it was pretty light out then.
My Fall Mum is blooming already! Maybe it'll bloom again in the Fall. -
Billyp, there is plenty of time, stop trying to catch everything up, it's okay! You guys! Don't you know, it'll be fine, it's good to be busy! : )
Have a glass of cold tea (with sugar) and smell the lovely flowers at your houses! : )
Here is a photo eerily similar to the stormy one up there. -
That Red Lily from Pepper is getting ready to bloom like crazy! I counted nearly 20 flower buds on that, which was a pretty small plant 3 years ago. That's a Purple Coneflower plant right of it, it has 3 or 4 flowers coming itself. The cracked mud pond there is probably full of rainwater now. Here's my Red Lily -
Here's the front of the house, I hung up two Boston Ferns, I've got a couple compliments on them, from people here! They were only $5.50 ea. at Lowes so I thought, "what the heck, lunch at McDonalds or Boston Ferns", I went with the Boston Ferns! - I am trying to do less clutter in the landscaping, for example, after I took this photo I brought those 2 kitty litter jugs inside.
I re-stacked patio blocks, my smaller (so far unused) freebie rocks and my wood pile. I am trying to make better use of my time with some labor, that stuff's not going to do itself I suspect!
Will

This message was edited May 25, 2012 9:26 PM