Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: March, 2012!! Spring has sprung (or is springing-maybe). , 4 by Riverland

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Riverland

In reply to: March, 2012!! Spring has sprung (or is springing-maybe).

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March, 2012!!  Spring has sprung (or is springing-maybe).
Riverland wrote:
Charlotte I have the same problem here. This used to be the company my husband works for rock unloading site. They make asphalt. They boat the rock from states like Kentucky and Arkansas and off load it from the river. They had spread rock around the land so the dump trucks that were loaded with thousands of lbs of rock didn't get stuck. So I have small rock that has been pounded in the ground by dump trucks for years. When you have small rock compressed it makes a barrier like concrete except you can dig it out once you get 10 or 12 rocks started out. Just time consuming and tedious work. I used to have to start every hole around here with an steel auger on a corded drill. I still have to in certain areas. When we moved here we had someone plant trees with those gigantic tree spade. He said this was the hardest ground he had ever tried to to drill. Like you I am sure these areas will not hold water. I have to water the rocky areas every day to keep things alive during the summer.

Remembering Heather this morn