Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Daylilies: anyone else get the new modern daylily catalog?, 4 by LeawoodGardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LeawoodGardener

In reply to: anyone else get the new modern daylily catalog?

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of anyone else get the new modern daylily catalog?
LeawoodGardener wrote:
Yesterday my order from Roots & Rhizomes arrived and I opened it with some trepidation after the comments I'd gotten from everyone when I ordered in January. Unfortunately, when I read the comments, I'd already placed my order and paid for it with a debit from my checking account.

I've never ordered daylilies from any online nursery before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The varieties I currently have in my garden were purchased from local breeders who dig a fan for you when you visit their garden.

I have to say I am truly impressed with the plants I received from Roots & Rizomes. All were large fans with two or more fans and some packages had two or three plants in them. I think they sent me very healthy, good-size stock, but I'll leave that to others to decide, since I've never bought daylilies online before.

I purchased 22 plants, most of them were $3 each, mix & match, when you buy 10 plants - here is a sample of what I received. My new garden bed is not yet ready to plant, so I planted all of the new daylilies in 1 gallon plastic pots.