Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 4 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi Karen and anyone else sitting on the sidelines,

Karen – I think all of those plants I suggested would still grow just as well in the spots you describe, I’d just beware of having galvanized shelving over the top of plants though, as any zinc leaching from it could harm the plants below. If the shelving were stepped, that would be fine.

To analyze your dream though would be a job for a professional, although I would interpret it as a warning about a lot of rain. Did the brom’s have rain coats and gum boots on?

Kristi - I was able to contact Chanin in relation to your question about the name of all the Cryptanthus in the big "heart" and he said that it is Cryptanthus 'Ley Rey'. The colour seems much brighter than it is in the plants in the BCR, but that's probably a climatic "thing".

I’ll finish with a few more of Chanin’s pic’s of the bromeliad section of the Noong Nook Tropical Gardens of Thailand.

All the best, Nev.