Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Drying/Gathering Clover Seeds, 4 by Schmidlap

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Schmidlap

Subject: Drying/Gathering Clover Seeds

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Drying/Gathering Clover Seeds
Schmidlap wrote:
This should be an easy Newbie question for most of you but sorry, I don\'t know the answer and wanted to ask the question. First, a quick history -
This past Spring the Trifolium Species White Clover/White Dutch Clover started growing in my back yard in 3 little patches about the size of a basketball hoop. In 22 years living here there has never been any clover in the yard so it was nice surprise to see these huge clovers growing. It was even more of a surprise to see how many huge 4 Leaf Clovers it produced. There was even one 6 leaf and two 5 leaf;s that were found. In total there were over 40 in two months. I didn\'t know how to gather, dry, or process the seeds so I\'m hoping the plants come up again next year.

1/ what\'s the best way to gather/process/dry the seeds? 2/ are the seeds generally wanted by other people here at DG or are they considered an invasive plant/weed? I\'m wondering if the mutation is still there and am guessing it is. All three patches disappeared but they might be back in Spring or fall once we get more rain and less heat. Thanks, Schmidlap