Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: New to gardening and sunflowers. Need some help., 4 by dlefik

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dlefik

In reply to: New to gardening and sunflowers. Need some help.

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of New to gardening and sunflowers. Need some help.
dlefik wrote:
Hi everyone. Been a few weeks since I posted anything, but I was pretty eager to share an update on some of my stuff now that some time has passed. I labeled all the pics with the names of the plants so hopefully they should be easy to see.

I was really excited my dutch lillies I planted in pots back in the beginning of may have finally popped open the blooms, and let me tell you, for those who haven't grown these, they smell absolutely awesome! Like nothing I've experienced from smelling a bloom before.

Also, my braided hibiscus tree finally started blooming! I was really worried about it because it looked like a ghost tree in the winter when I had it inside, then I repotted it back in April, gave it some miracle-gro sticks, and now it's booming like crazy. :)

The red pot has my nasturtium seeds I started towards the end of may and it just seems to be growing like crazy.

The pic with my dinnerplate dahlias may look small, but the picture squashed a little because the way I had to rotate the camera. A quick measurement on the height came up to about 3 foot high though. I used to have the dahlias in pots, but decided to transplant them outside and when I did, man that thing shot up in size!

Also, my mammoth and chianti suns have evaded the animals and are doing really good. I think the last time I showed them about three weeks ago they were just a couple inches high in peat pots, and now most are over two foot in height. All in all between the mammoths and chianti suns, there's about 30 of them so I didn't do pics of all of them, just the taller one right now.

I'll post more updates in a few weeks when things really take off. Right now Ohio's been going through nonstop rain for about the last week and a half or so, so a lot of floodin has been going on, but hopefully we start getting drier weather soon and things can start getting more sun.