Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014, 3 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014
77sunset wrote:
Hello Everyone. I'm just back from shopping over in Hamilton.
From a very warm day yesterday we went to pouring rain this morning. Luckily it wasnt too cold, just windy. The rain has gone now but still overcast so maybe a bit more around. The gardens will be loving it as its been very dry here.
I took the time while the rain stopped to check on the apricot tree I have in my back area. Its is loaded with apricots and I have been managing to eat 2 or 3 each day.
A bit more warm weather will ripen them quickly.
I will alert the other residents so they can come and help themselves. It seems that each year the tree has been depleted by other people not living here. Probably because these 2 end units were unoccupied , so none to watch over the tree.
The birds have been enjoying all the top fruit which is okay because the tree is so tall and noone would reach those at the top.

I had a nice surprise yesterday while watering the broms.
I have aech La Tigra in a basket and it has flowered.
The plant is very pretty anyway, but the lovely bright flower stem is one I have not seen before.
Its funny that the plant put out a pup earlier this year , way before flowering.
I have some lovely color on all the broms as the sun gets warmer.
I think I did a great pic of the ones I thought would do well here.
I find there are 2 pups on about 5 of the neos. Bill Morris has 2 quite large ones. Looks like I will be potting a few pups up soon.
Nowhere as many as you Nev...lol

Lovely to see all the posts with so many pics.
I finally have a few new pics , but have gone back to using my big camera until I find someone who can show me whats wrong with the new small one.

I had a very quiet time over Christmas after going out to the cemetary to chat to my Robert.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I wish you all a very happy and safe New Year.

Time I went and did a few things domestic..

pic 1...my aech La Tigra.

pic 2 & 3... updated pics of vr Grafton Sunset & Angela.

pic 4 the very large apricot tree in my back area.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Jean.