Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014, 3 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014
splinter1804 wrote:
He everyone.

Another nice day here today and a day closer to getting rid of these annoying pins in my finger,........ Come on Monday!

Looks just like you and me today Teresa, all of the others must have slept in; either that or my computer isn't showing all of the posts again.

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over the work at the shop; at least you did what you were supposed to do and I wouldn't mind betting that the driver of the large truck and the office staff were all having a Christmas Party, so it's now their problem to sort out.

Anyway nothing much to report so I'll just post a few pic's to finish with. The first is a little bi-generic plant I once got in a swap. I believe it originated in Queensland and is commonly known as xNeomea 'Kel' but doesn't appear on the BCR and is unregistered. The remaining pictures are all ex internet postings, the first of which (Pic.2) is the beautiful variegated Alcantarea 'Bobby Gold' which was bred by Bruce Dunstan of Queensland. Pic.3 and 4 show close-ups of just how beautiful the flowers of the common pineapple (Annanas) really are and Pic.5 shows the beautiful Alc. ‘Red Ensign’ which was bred by Andrew Maloy of N.Z.

All the best, Nev.