Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 3 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone – Well Trish anyway; just as well you’re back Trish or I’d be talking to myself. Sorry to hear you’ve been away due to sad circumstances.

It’s good to hear that Lucy’s back to her normal self again and all you have to do now is make sure you and Joe don’t run yourself into the ground again trying to play catch up with the jobs that have accumulated since you’ve been away.

Anyway, just a quick visit today and I’ll finish with firstly a couple of pic’s of the only two Acanthostachys grown by collectors and they are Pic.1 Acanthostachys strobilacea and Pic.2 Acanthostachys pitcairnioides (look closely at the savage teeth on this one). Pic.3, 4 and 5 are the results of a crossing of xNiduregelia ‘Something Special' and an unknown pollen parent, possibly a Neoregelia of some sort. Nothing special, but interesting nevertheless.

All the best, Nev.