Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 3 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi guys,

It is very warm here during the day and very, very dry. There have been a couple of storms about but we didn’t get a drop of rain.

Jean, good to hear from you, hope things are not proving too difficult. As for selling your plants on eBay, I wouldn’t be concerned about the postage costs. If you show the size of the plant, buyers will know they are up for high postage, you can just show it as “freight”. Why not try a few on eBay … you have nothing to lose, just the time it takes to list and to package them if they sell. You might be pleasantly surprised and the extra money will help too.

Nev, your mini orb sounds like its working well and the price was right, hey. I don’t think I’d care to use corrugated asbestos sheeting. I have reshuffled the broms in the igloo and moved them closer together and have managed to get everything in. Trouble is, my bromeliaditis is getting worse and I fear I’ll be needing an igloo extension shortly.

Nev, I misnamed the brom in my pic 3 in my last post as Thelma’s Choice when in fact, it is Margaret. I’ll attach a pic of Thelma’s Choice tonight. The one I couldn’t remember is neo Glam. Those are nice tills in your pics.

Teresa, hope you are on the mend now. Good luck with finding that ‘perfect’ job.

Colleen, your brom looks like Ae Pectinata and colouring up nicely too.

Pic 1 – neo Thelma’s Choice
Pic 2 – neo Margaret
Pic 3 – neo Oli Blush
Pic 4 – neo Beau Jangle
Pic 5 – neo Reverence

Bye for now, Shirley