Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2014 Hotter than a firecracker!, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: July 2014 Hotter than a firecracker!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of July 2014  Hotter than a firecracker!
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks Debra and Joyce, I have big plans for that shed since it must be there. I raked some today, well, you have to rake sometime I guess! This Leyland Cypress died about halfway, over the Winter, it got down to around minus 10 this Winter, that's cold for a marginal plant. It certainly wasn't for a lack of leaf cover at it's base! lol pic #1

You did alot today happ. I didn't get much cleaning done but I'm excited because bulky item pickup is this week. The city here of Sugarcreek is picking up everybody's big trash and I have some stuff to get picked up! It'll make the yard look so much better!

I said something wrong up there about my Black Hollyhocks. I had misstated what I thought about their blooming color. I said I've had them for 3 years which is right. I looked at my old photos, they only bloomed one year, last year, the flowers were black last year but they could be different this year.

That cat must've really been entertained, Betty!

Well, we can't all do something every day! I know I don't some days! You didn't get much rain there, pepper, or are you being sarcastic?! I know I just hate it when I spend an hour watering then it rains shortly afterward.

It rained plenty here, it even shook the house at times with the thunder.

Today I got my new layerings of Hall's Honeysuckle all planted on the sparse side of the arbor.
The new layerings have roots alright..lol One thing to be sure of when doing that is get the joints (or nodes) in the soil, that's where the new roots will come out of. - pics 2 to 4
It works so well, I took the empty white trays back over there and I'm gonna get a couple more of them. Why do they call it air layering anyway? Why don't they just call it rooting the stems or branches, maybe just the word "rootling".

This message was edited Jul 7, 2014 12:03 AM