Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 3 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Yeah finally it's the weekend and I am thrilled to bits about that and the prospect of spending some time in the garden over the weekend. We are also going to do a little more work on the Igloo but will take things easy as we both are still not feeling 100%; but first thing first tomorrow we want to take the girls for a nice walk on the beach as they always enjoy the outing and we normally bump into friends with there dogs doing the exact same thing which is nice and catch up for a quiet coffee and a bit of a chat.

Hi Colleen pleased to hear you got a bit more done in the garden today and the boys sound like they are a great help around the place. Hopefully we get a few things done around the garden this weekend but no records to be broken, just that we want to get somethings done rather than nothing at all. Sounds like you are going to be really busy removing pups of your mum broms soon, it's always an exciting time isn't it to take a close look at what they have produced and how many of each. I have put a good bunch aside that need pups cut off really soon so hopefully I might get to doing a bit of de-pupping this Sunday as some are really in need of it.

Colleen how nice that you got given some orchids, we treat orchids very similar to broms except more watering with the orchids and they luv regular feeding 'weakly weekly'. I am sure they will flower for you but if you would like any tips my hubby Joe grows all types of orchids and grows and flowers them very well and would be more than happy to give you some advice and you can post pics if you like if that helps. His orchid nursery is full of flowers at the moment with heaps budding and ready to open, thats why I am getting an 'Igloo' because he took over my nursery with his orchids LOL. Originally he started buying orchids for me but I was more into broms so then he just took over the orchids and has been collecting them ever since. Colleen I was unable to open your brom pic because I was scared I was going to loose the pics I have attached, could you please tell me what that broms called as I could not tell even with my glasses on LOL. I will have to enlarge the pic and take a look once I have sent this thread on its merry way. I luved Lucy Goosey, what a beaufiful girl she is and sure she is a big part of your family and that's why she walks around strutting her stuff like she does because she is so proud and guards the yard well.

Hi Teresa yes Nice is beautiful and well worth a good visit, we want to go back one day as well as visit England (where Joe was born) and Malta where Joe's parents were from. The trip you are planning to go to Normandy sounds lovely and something nice for you both to look forward too.

Teresa your weather sounds freezing, I would have to go into hybrination if I lived there as I am a big sook when it comes to braving the cold. Sugar sounds like she has the right idea taking over your bed ha ha. Our girls are shocking when it comes to taking all the room on the bed or couch and then there is the snooring we have to put up with but hey they are so cute and we love the more than we luv ourselves as I always say.

Anyway time to put the kettle on and rest these eye's of mine a bit from gadgets as I feel a little bit square eyed at the moment with all the hours I spent on the computer this week - blah.

I look forward to chating with you all over the weekend and hopefully get to take some fresh pics; they are predicting rain possibly tomorrow?

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Pic 1 - Neo. ? Recent purchase but have to check as forgot what's written on it's tag.
Pic 2 - Neo. 'Lorena' starting to color up for the 2nd year in a row
Pic 3 & 4 - Our beautiful girls 'Lucy' and 'Lexi'
Pic 5 - Neo. 'NOID' in the nursery