Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 3 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Hi Nev enjoy your time with your son and family and we look forward to hearing from you when you can drop in for a chat to let us know all you have been getting up to. I know how busy we where when we had friends stay with us for a month, although we tried not to break routine it was hard not too with all that was going on each day and it left little time for brom time as much as I tried to drag myself away from all that was happening around me and I found it hard because we like our quiet time and we could hardly find any for ourselves.

Nev thanks for your concern regarding not burning myself out; of late we have been experiencing strong waves of cauotic business that leaves us feeling utterly deflated by the end of the day; it has not helped any that my position at work has increased since they got rid our one of our team members as well as the other person I work with has been on two weeks leave so I am doing my job, their job as well as the job of the person we lost; somethings got to give and I am trying not to burn myself out in the process and then there is our business to run as well. Thats why I so look forward to the weekends and this weekend we are trying to have a quiet one for a change and we are looking forward to resting.

Nev great pics you posted on 2/7, I especally liked Neo. 'Guinea' and totally agree it is such an interesting plant and can imagine how lovely it would look grown in a lot of light to achieve a yellow color.

Hi Wendy hope your back on the mend soon with your shoulder but normally those type of injuries take a good while to heal so take care and rest it as much as you can; easier said than done I know but every little bit helps it to mend. Also I hope the police catch the thief who is trying to steal your beautiful broms; there are some nasty low life people in the world and each time I hear stories such as yours it makes me sick to the stomach so I can imagine how angry you guys must be feeling right now and I hope the camera footage helps catch them. Lovely pics you posted on the 2/7, I especially liked Ae. recurvata x chantinii.

Hi Teresa it's crazy how they herd you in school and go against the grain to what you really are good at doing; hopefully things have improved in schools now days as my teachers (other than my art teacher) were no help whatsoever in helping me choose a profession but I eventually found my own way. I was born in France (Nice), have you ever been there, I have not been back in a long time.

Anyway I must head off, Joe wants we to go see some of his orchids that are flowering.

Catch you all tomorrow night.

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 - Vr. 'Tiger Tim'
Pic 2 - Neo. 'Royal Cardovan'
Pic 3 & 4 - Garden shots
Pic 5 - Ae. caudata 'Junk Spots'