Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For May 2014, 3 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads For May 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For May 2014
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone – Another cold and windy night again last night with more trees down and a couple of blackouts. The huge pine tree in the yard next door to us decided to drop a large branch (about 8” diameter) which landed on the owner's house roof breaking in excess of forty tiles. Fortunately the owner had just gone out otherwise he may have been injured.

Trish – You'd better make that “us five”, I'd forgotten Shirley had gone on one of her little breaks; and we mustn't forget Jean either, although she has a busy time with hubby I'm sure we will hear from her again occasionally.

Regarding that Neo. 'Concentrica' x, could you please put me down for a pup when you get a spare. Why I asked about your Neo. 'Takamura x Concentrica Silverdust' is that I have two different plants with very similar shape and colouring, one is called Takamura x Silverado which I think I may have got from Sue a while back and the other is just named Neo. Takamura x. I'll have to dig out some pic's and post them.

They're great pic's you've posted again but the first two are still my favourites. Your Neo. 'Purple Gaze' (Should be 'Purple Glaze') still has a bit of colouring up to do, and it's a beautiful plant. Neo. 'Royal Burgundy' is also one of my favourites as it's always good as a feature plant and seems to compliment anything which is placed near it.

Shirley – Holidays are nice, but why is it everyone always says, “it's good to be home again”? If it's so good to be home again, why go away in the first place?

I must say “the kids” don't look too happy in their sleeping quarters and would much sooner have swapped places with you and hubby. I think they're trying to say, “why wake us up, we're on holidays too you know” Ha! Ha!

When you get all settled back in again, it would be good to see some pic's of the new tunnel house and its resident plants.

Time to go again and today I'm posting some pictures from 2 years old files. Pic.1 is the 'Takamura' x 'Silverado' I told Trish of, and I must say this is a poor example as I've never been able to accurately capture its colour. Pic.2 only had the name T & D Hybrid. It apparently was bred down the N.S.W. far south coast by and old couple called Ted and Dianne and that's all I know of it. Pic.3 is one I swapped with one of my interstate brom friends and is called Neo. 'Stairway', Pic.4 was a market purchase which just carried the name of Neo. Skotak hybrid and Pic.5 is Neo.'Thunderbird'

All the best, Nev.