Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For May 2014, 3 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads For May 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For May 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

My laptop is really giving me grief, I think it's on it's last legs and I do not know how much longer it will live before it goes to laptop heaven, it might get there quicker if it keeps not working properly for me as I get so frustrated and annoyed with it and want to hurl it across the room sometimes LOL.

Hi Nev I agree us three (You, Teresa and I) are doing our best to keep this great forum going, sooner or later people will tire from other sites like FB. Too bad for any wish lists I had with anyone where I was keeping pups for some people; it's a bit hard to do so when we do not even communicate anymore and the friendship we were forming has been lost.

Nev what a bugger about all the wind you have been experiencing, trust it has not damaged any of you beautiful broms as that would be a crying shame.

Nev in answer to your question I got the Neo. 'Concentrica' cross from the Malanda Market when we were away but unfortunatley I do not know the name of the person I brought it from as we did not have a great deal of time to spare to chat long with anyone as we were heading home that morning so we could get back in time to pick-up the girls; I do wish that we had more time though so I could have taken peoples names and numbers down because there was many stalls with lovely broms for sale and I did not get to visit them all because we just plum ran out of time; maybe next time. Nev I have not opening the link you kindly provided yet on the 500 Concentrica registered hybrids because I was scared my laptop with crash but will as soon as I finish sending off this thread.

Thanks for the "Good Luck" wishes for this weeks Market, hopefully the winds stay away or I will have to get the winter wollies out LOL. I potted up heaps of succulents this morning; they are the first thing that gets snapped up and normally helps pay for my stall which is great.

Thanks Nev I will have to look into joining other forums when I get the chance, sure they are a wealth of information like you say to look back at the archives etc.

Nev Pic 4 you asked about from yesterday was Neo. 'Takamura x Concentrica Silverdust'; I adore this brom it's got everything going for it and I cannot wait for it to produce pups as one is not enough around the garden as it's just that little bit different to all the others with that silver overtone that totally grabs my attention everytime I'm in the back yard.

Wow Nev that pic you posted of Jack Koning's new Vriesea hybrid is georgeous, it's so depicts a beautiful tropical sunny day and reminds me of that Cocktail "Tequila Sunrise". They create miracles at Anniesam Bromeliads don't they just.

Anyway I must head as need to check work emails before it gets to late or I will forget and will not have time to check until tomorrow evening.

Pic 1 - Neo. Concentriica' cross now out in the garden
Pic 2 - Neo. 'Frivolity' now out in the garden
Pic 3 - Neo. 'Grace' showing nice color
Pic 4 - Neo. 'Purple Gaze' I think?
Pic 5 - far back Neo. 'Exotica Satin' - up front Neo. 'Royal Burgundy' - I adore these ones side by side as the look great together.