Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For May 2014, 3 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads For May 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For May 2014
perke_patch wrote:
Hi Teresa. did you get your job at Wattyl? is that why you are leaving your current job?
I'd be doing up a nice gift box tonight to give to your boss tomorrow. you should be out in the yard now finding a nice big piece of animal poo to wrap up for him and when you give it to him tell him you are just returning all the he put you through in case he needs it again. LOL

Shirley I love all those aloe flowers but I especially liked pic 3 (white one in case my memory fails me).

Nev I hope your hands improve again so you can chat with mates again. whenever I eat any gluten my hands sieze up and it hurts to type or do anything but so far it hasn't been too sore to type. I hope I never get pain like you do so I can't type. I hope the cold doesn't affect your hands. with winter here for next couple months that would be not good.

We have compacta growing up one of our golden canes but gee it is not as prolific as that one at Paranella Park. We nearly went there when we were up north but it was a wet year and the park was a bit water logged that year so we opted to see it another time. I guess one day we'll go north again.

Jean if you are checking in please remember that you need to look after you too. I know how the partner of the sick person usually ends up with stress related health issues eventually. so remember to take some "ME TIME" every now and then to completely relax. if you have family let them take a shift to let you go for an hour or something just to completely relax. a massage is a good idea as you can get your stressed out muscles can be forced to release and relax or even go for coffee with a friend. I hope you and your hubby get some good quality time together in the next stage of your lives together. Time to tick of your bucket list items. We're working through ours but lots to go. We really want to take a train trip to Cairns one day and then fly to Bamaga and go on a deep sea fishing charter with a friend up there. Last year we ticked off whale watching but we want to go again this year so that one might get a 2nd tick. Maybe we should all tell Jean something from our bucket lists in case it appeals to her as well.

Anyway it's getting to bed time for me so I'll find some pics to share.
Pic 1 & 2 is xanamea scorpio which is flowering at present.
Pic 3 is a very large quesnelia NOID which was labelled white albo. it is very different to testudo and grows 2x bigger than testudo. the albo is pure white where testudo is more cream. It was stunning when in flower with bright red infloresence.

Night for now.
Wendy