Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansias in autumn 2014, 3 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Brugmansias in autumn 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Brugmansias in autumn 2014
wrote:
You may be surprised really cestrum,
look what I got for one of my Creamsickle x Super Spot(pictures) Your Knightii cross looks a bit like this, so that makes me feel better. This one is very nice, but nothing like I was expecting.

The double whites don't seem to love the heat much. I still haven't seen buds on Hyacinth Bouquet, one of your Knightii crosses and one of my white doubles with 7 skirts struggles. I have a double white from Allan that is a beautiful strong plant, but refuses to hold onto it's buds. Must be some sort of climate difference I think.

You would be so surprised at what some results give ...this one has donor pods on it already, that happened last year when it was wet too. I have found pods on many of the plants this morning (sprinkling out there and cool). The buds are there but in very slow motion now the days are shorter and cold.

That one of yours colleen, is a real beaut ...Hopefully you may be able to send some to cestrum next year, :)

chrissy