Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 3 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
perke_patch wrote:
hi everyone
Nev I took those pics today and I think I may have taken one of an orlandiana seedling thinking it was the mini neo seedling. They are about the same size but one grown on the bench and other hanging with the billergia seedlings. I thought the one on the bench was the mini but turns out to be orlandiana. Sorry for confusing you and me Nev.

well we've had a busy day today. I couldn't get my gym shoe on so I had to skip my exercise session this morning. I did plan to go to aqua aerobics instead tonight buy after a day of cleaning plants and putting them out in the new pathways we were totally bushed and called it a day at 4pm. We were moving deck chairs again today. trays of neos out of the green shadehouse to put vrisea and guzmania pots in there. the neos lose their colour over winter in that house so they have to come out soon anyway. the neos are now out in the new area down the back. every pot we put out on display had to be cleaned and often repotted with hydrated mix, pots cleaned and placed. we were picking out older plants to go to mothers area and new pups put in their space. we found some plants we'd never seen the names of before so we were able to repot and label with a coloured tag so we know not to sell them.

After we decided we'd done enough for the day we sat on the verandah and enjoyed a nice cuppa before going back downstairs to splash some water around till about 5.30ish. It's a job we can do with a stubbie in one hand and he hose in the other so not classed as work really LOL. gee it is so easy now with taps all round the yard. we just have to turn the pump on and we can both pick a section each grab the hose and point. we can reach every little nook and cranny round the yard. Oh and we got a new pet for the yard today. took some pics but I'll wait till tomorrow to get some better ones and post those.

Time for bed I think so I'll look for some pics to share. These are all pics of some of our concentrica seedlings. all totally different. we got some really nice sun tolerant plants out of this batch but alas Johnny can't remember which 2 plants he crossed. he just knows one was white centred and one pink centred. so unable to repeat the cross. I didn't number any of these seedlings so not sure if any of these pics are of the ones we have kept or not. I know pic 4 is one I thought I might name and register. and pic 5 is a huge one. I think this is the one we have that went black in the sun but now bleached a bit and no longer looking it's best. If I had a $1 for every time someone asked if they could have this black one I'd be rick by now. If I had a pup to sell to everyone that wanted it I'd be rich too. I need some names for these if anyone can suggest any.
Night all
Wendy