Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 3 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
ianperry wrote:
Hi all,I took some photos today and had a general look around, deleafed a few and not much else.
The first 4 pics show what has happened with the rot treatment, I just wish that I took pics from before. Hindsight doesn't make mistakes though. The bases are reasonably solid today not showing any signs of moisture but is showing a lot of shrinkage and drying out. I have kept them dry for the last couple of weeks. Maybe this week-end I will give the bases a drink but not a heavy one.
The tops are also looking good and are showing signs of healing. The larger one has sap oozing through where I would expect roots to form. Maybe I can sit these top[s on some potting mix and put some water in the vase on the week-end.
Trish Welcome back, hope things settle down for you now.
Hi Cody, The seasons are changing here too, the excessive heat has reduced and it is more temperate here now. We had a light shower this morning and fine for the rest of the day.
Hi Nev, I see that you are downsizing like the rest of us. It is working well. You have fantastic colour in Neo Noble Decent.
\ Colleen sometimes when I lose a post, usually this is because I go look at a previous share and forget to either use a right click and open on a new page, that I can't wright on until I close it or it is because I write a bit and then leave it open and go do something and come back and the site has been lost on my computer. I can avoid this by highlighting my text and copying it. Have a good one.
Shirley I just love that mini Nei mini Me, it is on my wish list now as well as Screaming Tiger.
Wendy how do you tell the difference in Male or Female androlepsis skinneri if the y are not flowering. I have one that flowered last year but have no idea whether it is male or female
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 5 some seedlings