Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2013 autumnal equinox coming soon., 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2013 autumnal equinox coming soon.

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of September 2013  autumnal equinox coming soon.
shortleaf wrote:
I was out today at a local park with Lake Jacomo in it and I got this video clip of a Hawk of some kind
diving and getting maybe a fish out of the water. The video is only 48 seconds long. -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDHfJR-B5f0&feature=youtu.be
Maybe the bird was getting a cool dip in the water as it was around 99 this afternoon.
How about this Catalpa Tree with all this English Ivy growing up it?! - In the further away shot, that's all Ivy going way up it, (the darker green foliage). I might put my post in the trees forum too, I've never seen Ivy take over like this yet the tree doing okay. Too bad the trunk is all covered up, it's a sizeable tree and would probably do quite well in the state championship perhaps. It'd be hard to measure properly with all this Ivy on it I think, (the 3rd pic is the trunk of the tree). I bet it's okay looking in the Winter, it's an evergreen Catalpa Tree!
Will

This message was edited Sep 8, 2013 6:50 PM