Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 3 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

It is still blowing its ring off here but no rain with so much wind around.

Hi Cody yep they are definitely pups on your brom and they look happy and healthy so I am sure you are thrilled to bits about that. There is nothing nicer than seeing pups appear on broms and I don’t think I will every tire from the thrill I get seeing them emerge year after year. Thanks for your kind complements regarding the pics I posted yesterday.

Hi Jean please to hear your broms sustained no damage from the cold, what a relief for you. Sounds like you have been a busy little bee shopping for more broms and I can’t wait to see pics of them. I still have to take pics of the broms I recently received in the mail and have potted up, but every time I get home it’s too dark so I will look at taking pics of them on the weekend so I can upload pics for everyone to see.

Hi Nev I already have your name down for Neo’ ‘Marble Mauve’ but will add your name down also for Neo’ ‘White Marble’. What types of Neo’ Marble type’s do you have as I would definitely be interested in swapping as I do not have many of the Marble varieties and really like them.

Nev what beautiful wide leaves on your Pic 4 Neo’ ‘Lovely Lady’ and I adore Pic 5 another one of your beautiful seedlings Neo’ ‘Bea Hanson’ x ‘Rosea Striata', every time you post a pic of this one I catch myself sighing out loud at its beauty.

Hi Sue too funny about you holding your hands up in front of the fire place pic I posted yesterday. Next you will have the marshmallows out and on a stick for toasting LOL.

Sue yeah our fridge is full of avocados at the moment hence why we also have them in baskets and bowls everywhere. I took a heap in to work today and everyone got stuck into them for lunch which was great. Someone told me some time back that you can slice them up onto trays and freeze them this way but I have not experimented with this yet so may possible try doing a couple on the weekend and see what they taste like after freezing? We could never tire from eating them as during avo’ season we substitute marg’ for avo’ on our sandwiches etc. and really miss them when the seasons over.

Anyway, time to head off as dishes to do – blah.

Pic 1 Neo’ ‘Lime & Lava’ (night shot taken in kitchen)
Pic 2 to 5 – Nev here are pics of the beautiful seedlings you sent me all growing well.

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Trish