Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Perennials: My Favorite Blue In the Garden...What's Yours?, 3 by Pfg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: My Favorite Blue In the Garden...What's Yours?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My Favorite Blue In the Garden...What's Yours?
Pfg wrote:
Well, I did already have the pots, seemed like a natural, lol! Rock pots.... Hmmmmm... Hyper tufa?

I do love that linum, so refreshing! I'm beginning to crave something lighter for now. All my blues right now are pretty deep. I have the annual Plumbago in two of the blue pots, but it's not showing up well yet. (1)

The Platys have tiny buds, and the Veronica Sunny Border Blue should be in bloom by next weekend, they are close to the same color. (2, pic from last year). The old Platy in a different section is the first to bloom this year, and the biggest plant. (3)

I have a bunch of Salvias that have been blooming for a while now. The bluest is S Blue Hill, S Dwarf Blue Queen is a little shorter and deeper. (4&5). For some reason the camera shows the opposite. I went back and forth a few times to be sure, comparing.

As soon as the Platys and V SBBlue open, I'll know where to plant the rest of my stash-- lots from you, Kathy!

BTW, the update on the Verbascum Phoenicium is, none bloomed and a few were lost, but several made nice new healthy basal leaves... And today, at the last minute before we left, one had put up a 5" stalk with the most adorable white flowers on it!!! I was soooo surprised and happy to see it! I didn't have time to get my camera, much to my regret.... I wonder if the others will do the same, or wait til next year?