Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 3 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning...or is it? yuk...rain and wind today, but here I am, warm and cosy, scoffing a bowl of porridge! Mmmmmmm.
Well done on starting the new thread, Jen. I didn't know you had it in you! heh heh. Beautiful Aechmeas on show too.
Jean, the new purchases sound lovely, and good to know you have some areas designed to get the best out of your existing plants. I wish I had an area under alsonite for some! It sounds cosy.
Bree, love your xNeophytums. I am quite fond of them also, such bright cheerful things and sun hardy too.
Cody, I hear you about your only son. Pity we can't wrap them in cotton wool and keep them at home forever! I hope your issues with the ex aren't too stressful on you and your son. I think the two plants you like in Jens pics are Aechmea 'Pica' and Aechmea 'Aztec'. Am I close Jen?
Well, my internet gadget seems to have recovered from its total lack of power, and now is showing a full battery. Gremlins? I haven't got any new photos, but I am sure I can find something to share with you all.
Sue
photo one is Orthophytum 'Blaze', one of the genus used in the xNeophytums.
photo two is some ornaments in the shade house
photo three is a partial view in the shade house (all file pics)