Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-South Gardening: May Flowers bring beauty and joy!, 3 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: May Flowers bring beauty and joy!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of May Flowers bring beauty and joy!
gen2026 wrote:
I might need to check into that Sandra..........my iphone 4 is giving me fits lately...... it was already giving me problems but when I had that last MRI the girl didn't ask me to empty my pockets or do anything except take off my watch and so my phone got fried during the MRI. IT is still working, but it has a LOT of issues. Not sure I want to bump up to the 5 though....... although I have heard it is a lot faster.

Here are some photos of what we did this weekend. I have originally planned to paint all day on my Mom's house..... but the insurance company notified me that if we didn't get this tree down before the June 23 renewal, that they would not renew the policy....SOOO, our plans changed for the weekend. Leigh and I took this tree down on Saturday, and got all the mess piled up into a huge burn pile except for two large pieces of the last section to come down. Our saw got into 'refusal to start' mode, and we used a pole saw to cut up the last 2 sections before this....then the pole saw quit again and Leigh was tired of pulling and pulling on them to get them started, so we left two large pieces to clean up next weekend. The stump itself will have to come down as well, but I thought we put in a pretty good day for just the two of us. This tree had broken off in the tornado of April 1998 - just after my father passed away in March. We couldn't cut the trunk down at the time because it was probably 3.5' across and no one had a saw that would cut that large. We thought the trunk would die and we would be able to eventually take it down. Instead the tree came back stronger than ever and I think it was almost as tall as it was when it originally came down - although each "branch" was not as large. But, half the trunk had rotted - and half the trunk was living, so now the trunk is a very large C shape. Hopefully we will be able to get the trunk down this coming weekend, but at least this should make the insurance company happy.

Sunday we made a trip to LR to look at mattresses, because I desperately need to replace mine. Then yesterday Jessica and I made a trip to Bossier to go to the fabric store, and hit the Gap outlet - Gap had a 50% off sale which is the main reason we went. Outlet prices are already better - then the 50% makes things reasonable. 50% makes a lot of difference! We returned some things at a different store that she needed to take back, and just basically enjoyed goofing off together for the day. She has a young woman she works with that is expecting a baby next week - and we wanted to sew some cute baby things! It was nice to just goof off a day .... Today I will have to get back to my beds!!

KA, congratulations on your African Violet. I love AVs but I do not have enough light in my house for them to do well. :(