Specialty Gardening: Grow bag experiences, 3 by kevcarr59

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kevcarr59

In reply to: Grow bag experiences

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Grow bag experiences
kevcarr59 wrote:
Well finally got around to getting some pics of the tomatoes & okra that's started in the Root Pouches Boxer Browns. I really like the way the plants look so far, since they've been out the last couple weeks in the cold weather. Almost all the tomatoes have blooms on them, and some of the okra has pods, which is better than last year. Out of 5 plants, got 1 pod last year since it was way late and the heat was really getting bad.

#1... The 9 tomato plants... 1 gallon pots front row.. L to R, San Marzano, Burpee Superbeefsteak, Cherokee Purple.... The others are 2 gallon pots with San Marzano Redorta, New Big Dwarf, Aunt Ruby's German Green, Cherokee Purple, and a couple others I can't remember right now. The tallest in the back is the Aunt Ruby's...

#2... 3 gallon pots with Burgundy Okra & Stewart's Zeebest in front pot. Back pot has about 8 or 9 seeds that have yet to germinate, but with the heat starting to stabilize this week, they should germinate. The others are 1 gallon pots with Zeebest & Hill Country Red Okra... Look scrawny but they are starting to pod so maybe they will produce something this year.

#3... 5 gallon Square Roots pot with 5 Homemade Pickle Cucumbers in them. Going to a friends garden for their summer vacation since we'll be gone to Florida.

The whole purpose this year will be to see what root development looks like since I won't be able to grow out the entire season... If I get some tomatoes before I leave, so much the better...