Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 3 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
works4me wrote:
Hello everyone,

Sue, I am going to buy a new keyboard in the morning as I’ll never get used to using this one, I keep putting my fingers on the wrong keys and typing stuff like dyigg ;olr yjod s;; yjr yo,r/.

Our house is on a hill and the area in front of and around the house is fairly flat but it slopes down both sides … which is good as far as drainage goes but it means a bit of terracing, retaining walls and cut and fill when building shade houses etc a bit further from the house.

Sue, I wonder if neo Bob’s Pride might be from the same hybridiser as Bob’s Dream and Bob’s Baby. As for Ae Mirlo variegated, it’s one I’ve only had for a short time and I certainly hope it’s not going to be fussy.

Jean, I love Ae Mirlo variegated, it’s one which I had on my wish list for quite a while. I have actually managed to cross off a few lately and will have to get out and take more photos to show off.

I will post two pics of my neo Paradise Point, the first when I bought it more than 12 months ago and a recent one.

Trish, we have had no rain for two days now … yeahhh. As for the brom I was asking about … I was in the right pic but on the wrong page, it was from your post of 17th not the 18th … but quite possibly the same lovely brom.

I have the same problem with the broms I have in pots sitting in the garden with the dirt splashing up on to the pot and looking grotty. I should get out and mulch the gardens then it wouldn’t happen.

No need to apologise for getting Sue’s thread mixed up with mine … I probably made a lot more sense when I was Sue than I normally do. I am not sure what to expect from neo Bob’s Pride as it’s quite new too but I really liked it when I saw it on eBay.

Trish, you were lucky not to have suffered damage to your car at the hands of the ‘crazy lady’ who almost backed into you. And I guess she’s lucky not to have suffered at the hands of the ‘crazy lady’ who gave her a piece of her mind on the roadside … just kidding, don’t blame you a bit.

WOW, love your pups Trish, and you have so many. What is the gorgeous pinky one in front in pic 1, the lovely coloured one on the right in pic 3 and the larger variegated one on the right in pic 5, please … yum.

We might even get down to the market tomorrow morning … but then again, it is supposed to be quite cool so I might just stay in bed.

Pics 1 and 2 are neo Paradise Point, pics 3 and 4 are two very different pups removed at the same time from the same unnamed neo in my Pic 5 which I purchased recently for half price in a rescue attempt.

Bye for now, Shirley