Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 3 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning, light reading for me today! Lucky you are posting mid week Trish, Or it would be echoing in here!
What is the variegated Neo in your last pic? Is it a "Jaws' or something like that? I like your Big Neo. 'De Rolph' too, it has alot of white in it,
Back to car travel, my hubby is old fashioned and 'No GPS' allowed. He would much rather study the map before we go. I often google map a place, especially if going to Brisbane or something, and print a copy to take with me. I don't mind pulling over to check my map from time to time.
We also take nibblies, like Nuts or muesli bars and apples, on long trips. Its more that I CANT fall asleep, rather than managing to stay awake. Its the worst feeling! A trip of 4-5 hours is tolerable, but over that and I am cranky, tired, snappy and sore!
I had an image of you Trish, hanging out a car window going, around a round-a-bout and screaming at all the cars giving way. In my imagination you had wild eyes and hair going everywhere! heh heh, even a bit of spittle!
Anyway, I feel like I am getting off easy as I can post some pics and head out the door.
I hope everyone is healthy and happy?
Sue
Photo one is my Neo. 'Gold medal' I saw one go on Ebay a couple of nights ago for $52! If any of my ebay sales reached that, I'd feel so embarrassed that I would throw in some extras.
Photo two is an orchid flowering. hmmmmm, I must clean the leaves off the roof.
Photo three is a guzmania wittmackii that has a purple flower. It also has some variegated leaves, so I will try to encourage pupping from these and hope for a fully variegated pup. The flower has coloured up more purple since this pic of three days ago.
Photo four is xCanmea 'Galaxy' in flower. I don't think the flower gets any better than this, but I think Jen has one that flowers differently?
Anyway, must go make a pot of coffee, feed the pooches and start my day.