Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Rose Spots, Stunted Heuchera, & Heuchera w/ dark spots , 3 by SavvyDaze

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SavvyDaze

Subject: Rose Spots, Stunted Heuchera, & Heuchera w/ dark spots

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Rose Spots, Stunted Heuchera, & Heuchera w/ dark spots
SavvyDaze wrote:
Problem #1:

Pictures #1 and #2 are of two different miniature rose bushes with purplish-pink spots. Picture #2 also shows some brown crispy edges on some leaves on the right side of the bush. I am not sure what is causing these issues. Our winter has been extremely mild, no freezes, and only .29 of an inch of rain for the month of January. Daytime temps have been between the mid 50's and high 70's. Nighttime temps are mostly between the mid 40's and low 60's and only dropped in the high 30's 3 times this month. December was pretty much the same except for we had 2.49 inches of rain that month. I do supplement a good soaking if there hasn't been any rain for 2 weeks being careful not to wet the leaves.

Problem #2:

This is the first year I have grown Heuchera. I planted 3 Plum Pudding and 4 Caramel. The Plum Pudding (No picture included) doesn't seem to be growing at all? And occasionally gets some brown crispy leaves. I supplement water for it the same as I do the roses, but because they are small (About 5 inches in diameter and 2-3 inches tall) I don't give them as much water. I water when the soil is dry about 1 1/2 inches down. They get mostly morning sun with a little sun in the afternoon because there are no leaves on the trees yet to shield them from the afternoon sun. Does Plum Pudding prefer more sun or less?

Problem #3:

1 or 2 of my Heuchera Caramel are getting dark spots on the leaves, but they appear to be growing much better than the Plum Pudding. Picture #3 is a pic of 1 Caramel. Picture #4 is a close up of the dark spots on one of its leaves. What would be causing these spots and how do I stop them from developing further?

Thanks!