Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts - Jan 2013, 3 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts - Jan 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts - Jan 2013
works4me wrote:
Hello everyone, we have had some patchy showers here today, here’s hoping we get a lot more. It’s still very hot and muggy.

Nev, our nearest Masters (Morayfield) doesn’t stock Brunnings Orchid mix so Big W is probably the best place to try if anyone is looking for it. I love the little neo in the front left of your fourth pic Nev, is that neo Small World … and is that neo Cliff Siverd in the middle of the fifth pic.

Bree, the broms in your pics look lovely too.

I have had a few broms burn the last couple of days and a couple that could be a little overdone as well.

My pics are 1 & 2 neo Macho mum, with a couple of burns and neo Macho pup, who didn’t fare quite so well. Pic 3 is neo Cockabel and 4 is neo Fools Gold, both of which are a bit suss. Quite a few others have burn spots but overall, I guess, not a lot of damage.

Wendy, I guess you are madly trying to organise your broms for the sales tables. We will drop over on Friday morning but won’t hold you up too long if you are busy. Looking forward to seeing you then and getting a few more of your lovelies. Neos Governors Plea, Mister Odean and Luna are three I would like if you have any or all of them.

I also have broms in the post from Jean and from Nev … and Jen has one for me too. Woohoo, this is going to be an incredibly good brom week, I am really looking forward to my new arrivals.

Hi to Jen, Sue, Ian, Jean, Trish and Colleen if you’re looking in .. and Kristi and Karen too, we haven’t heard from you for quite a while now, hope everyone’s OK.

Bye for now, Shirley