Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 3 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, another hot and dry day, not quite what we expect due to it supposed to be our wet season. I didn't do much here today but I did get out the camera and took a few piccies at 3.15pm out the front.All these plants have been getting full sun all day and it lasts to 6.00pm or when the sun goes behind a tree.I know what men do behind a tree but what does the sun do? I had smoko and a rest and then watered most of my plants, especially the ones mounted in trees.
Nev I left a part of the name out of my bil seedlings, it should of been Bil Nutans schimperiana. I have a piccie of it tonight.Thanks for correcting me and my abbreviations.
I would baulk at $22.50 for a Medusa, I would have to really want it although i paid more than that for Chiripo on ebay recently.I recently saw another that I think I want and can't remember whether it is a Jocob Koning or Chester Skotak new release and that plant is N Wild rabbit. I think it is Jacobs.I don't think it would be within my budget so I haven't even written it on my wants list.. How much heat will Puyas take I have been told that they won't survive here. I would expect that if they grow in Adelaide they would grow here. The moisture could be a problem though.
Aynway have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Bil Nutans schimperiana
Pic 2 Ananas lucidus
Pic 3 A happy medium neo growing in full sun beside lucidus
Pic 4 Looking down on my front garden from the steps
Pic 5 A neo hiding from the sun