Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 3 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, just another hot dry day. I am still learning and now know that I have not got Ae fosters favourite favourite. I have red ribbon and fosters favourite. None of my plants have a varigated red/burgundy leaf.
I went back to Bunnings to check out other plants and could only find Medusa from that same supplier. It is popular there as there are now none left, I got the remaining 3 . 2 of them have pups on them , small but they are there. They also had a single stake driven through the leaves to support them . Most growers up here anyway that use stakes use 3 outside the stem but not damaging the leaves. I guess what works works and in reality the business of growing plants for sale is about money. The bigger companys seem more hungry for our dollar.
Nev i can relate to growing veggies when I was 7 years old, I even went to a city and saw hedges for the first time and came home and trimmed the carrots.Not the right thing to do but they looked so neat and tidy.
Sue Fireball X persimio is very dark purple almost black.
Have a good one
Ian
pic 1 Nid Noid
pic 2 N Lavender lovely
Pic 3 Ae Noid. Flowers just finishing and I have taken some seed just for fun.
Pic 4 Just to annoy Bree. N mini Dinkum
Pic 5 N mini Wee willy