Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 3 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, Not much done here today. A few family problems, sons problems and I can't help much.

Sue Ae fosters favourite grows fairly well here. I have it growing in a hanging basket and it is clumping well. I also have it hanging off the Southern wall of my bush house with a fair bit of light and good ventilation. Poor ventilation has caused me problems in the past. I did not collect seeds from fosters favourite but did from fosters favourite favourite. I hope for more and could collect some from the other plant.

Nev I made another snafu, Ae aztec ought to have been Aztec gold and there were 14 seeds in the pod. Hopefully more will mature. This pod was 1 I tried to cross with Madam lash a few months ago, possibly in August. I think the ants beat me though. Madam lash is still doing something but I am not quite sure what. Maybe just slower to mature. I have quite a variety of spare seeds and will have to list them all. Then I could give some away. I know that I haven't stored them correctly but hope to do so soon.They are in takeaway containers stored on a shelf in a cupboard on the back verandah.

Trish I like the night shots,wish my gardens looked that good

Neo cherry fizz is 1100mm across. It is a monster.Certainly not one for space saving This is it in Pic 1
Pic 2 Ae Fosters favourite favourite.
Pic 3 Ae fosters favourite
Pic 4 N McWilliamsii X Bold streak
Pic 5 N McWilliamsii X Bold streak brother pup grown 1 shelf lower.
Gave a good one
Ian.