Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 3 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, mIltons active ingredient is Sodium dichloroisocyanurate. Each tablet contains 500mg 32% available chlorine.
Enough of the technical stuff. I went to our local market today, well 1 of them anyway and aquired some more plants. Only a couple of NOIDs today ! I think is a Canistrum and the other is an Aechmea, looks a little like burgundy in shape but not in colour.

Sue Crypthansus are pigs of plants to grow. Grant Patterson grows his with 15% shade here and heavily feeds and waters them. I just moved most of mine from under a citrus tree and they were in pots buried in the soil but still didn't like it very much. I still have to find where they like to grow, possibly each like their own position, moisture level and feeding. I have in the past let them dry out and they take a long time to recover.
I will have to look at ebay and see how my bids are progressing, finishing in about 15 minutes.
Have a good one
ian
Pic 1 N Fosters little gem
Pic 2 N Oh No Very cherry
Pic 3 Canistrum- I think
Pic 4 Ae NOID